Home Theater System
unit is designed to interface: TV sound, videotape sound, and 5.1 dvd
sound to a 4 channel home theater system.
It provides the following functions/options:
1. Mix DVD center into front left/right for Phantom Center effect
with optional boost on center channel (dialog).
2. Mix L-R from stereo signal (rear ambiance) into left and right
3. Generate artificial stereo image from mono signal by inserting
5 ms delay in one channel.
4. Provide 5.1 to stereo mixdown for making video tapes from DVDs.
5. Generate 4 channel sound from 2 channel DVDs.
unit incorporates Touch Switch technology (some thumbtacks and a shift
register) and LED function readout. Even a mono signal from the
TV can be split into stereo images, and remixed for rear channel.
This makes the SciFi channel much more interesting.
All of the grusome details are availble as usual for the Schematic, and Main Source file also
IR reciever Source. The mysterious U10,
is an MN3214 1024 stage analog shift register. This part may no
longer be available. In fact, its hard to find any analog shift
registers lately - good luck.